Don’t let the winter weather get you down, enjoy staying indoors with your family.
Here is a list of five fun things you can do inside together with American Coin Treasures.
1. Play a game of Lincoln Checkers. Enjoy the game of checkers while playing with genuine US Lincoln pennies. Steel Pennies minted only in 1943 and Wheat pennies minted from 1909 to 1958 are housed in clear plastic capsules so that coins can be crowned. http://www.americancointreasures.com/Lincoln_Coin_Checkers_Set_p/11594.htm
2. Discover countries from around the world with a Foreign Coin Treasure Chest. Pull out an Atlas or view a world map on the computer and see where the coins originated. After you locate the country on the map, read about it. What is the population, square mileage, terrain, etc… http://www.americancointreasures.com/TREASURE_CHEST_100_FOREIGN_COINS_p/7228.htm
3. Pull out the Statehood Quarter Collection and learn about each state in the USA. View the reverse of each coin and read about the design. Guess each state’s capital, state flower, state bird, state motto or even state pie. http://www.americancointreasures.com/Complete_Statehood_Quarter_Collection_p/203.htm
4. Play a game of coin trivia. What US coins were minted for only one year and why. Get your answers from the One Year Rarities Collection. http://www.americancointreasures.com/One_Year_Rarities_Collection_p/11409.htm
5. And finally think of spring and go through 1000 baseball cards for seven decades. Relive some of baseball’s greatest moments and players. Guess batting averages, home run totals and pitching wins. http://www.americancointreasures.com/Sports_s/297.htm
American Coin Treasures hopes that you stay safe and warm this week!